Sunday, August 12, 2012

robot design and textures 1

i finally finished my robot and im happy to say he turned out quite better than what i was expecting.

he originally had an antenna above his hat. but i couldn't get the curve to exactly what i wanted so i scrapped that i idea and moved on. 




his arms are longer from what I've drawn. i added an extra sphere to give me a rotation point on his shoulders. this will come in handy when i animate him in the next few days.




i also started texturing my robot and im afraid the rusts dont quite work as well as i expected. i think its because its too stretched around the robot that it actually looks like its made out of ceramic rather than metal.


 because of this, i might have to paint him myself in Photoshop and use those textures to complete him.

i must say though, i like the way i made his wheels. its quite detailed and it has thread marks printed on the wheels as well.

off to more colouring for my robot!
post soon!
trish x


No comments:

Post a Comment